NEXT INITIATION MEETING: Tuesday May 4 @ 11:00AM
Industry Code of Conduct
Industry Code of Conduct
Canadian Creative Industries Code of Conduct to Prevent and Respond to Harassment, Discrimination, Bullying and Violence
The Canadian Creative Industries Code of Conduct confirms our commitment to safe and respectful workplaces and to an industry free of harassment including sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence.
Harassment can take many forms including unwanted sexual attention, inappropriate jokes or texts, threats, and other unwelcome verbal, written, visual or physical communication or conduct.
Everyone has a responsibility to build safe and respectful workplaces.
Harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence can affect individuals at every level of the industry.
Promoting increased gender equality and diversity is one way to break down barriers and reduce or eliminate these behaviours.
The principles espoused in this Code are applicable to all work and work-related environments. These can include but are not limited to, auditions or casting meetings, job interviews, industry events, festivals, awards, company functions, production studios and sets (whether local or remote), offices and rehearsal and performance venues.
Signatories to this Code will lead by example by upholding the highest standards of respect, encouraging the good-faith reporting of complaints concerning harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence and cooperating in the investigation of such complaints.
In adhering to this Code of Conduct, Signatory organizations agree to take the following steps as applicable to identify and address harassment including sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence:
• Enact policies and procedures that maintain zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence;
• Designate people in the workplace to receive complaints of harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence;
• Provide a timely process for the investigation and resolution of complaints;
• Implement proportional consequences for violations; and
• Protect from retaliation or reprisal those individuals who in good faith allege violations of antiharassment, discrimination and violence policies and procedures.
In implementing the above, Signatories will take the following steps, as applicable:
• Ensure everyone in the workplace is aware of anti-harassment, discrimination and violence policies and procedures;
• Encourage people to set and respect personal boundaries and engage in consent-based interactions;
• When work requires physical contact or scenes of nudity, intimacy or violence, adhere to applicable respectful workplace policies and collective agreement obligations;
• Provide safe places where work may be performed for example, by not requiring individuals to attend meetings alone or in spaces such as private hotel rooms, etc.; and
• Encourage instructors, teachers, coaches and those providing training in the industry to adhere to this Code and share its principles with their students.
Signatories to this Code of Conduct agree to take all applicable steps to quickly address substantiated complaints of workplace harassment including sexual harassment, discrimination and violence. Such steps may include the following:
• Requiring remedial action such as counselling and/or training;
• Disciplinary action (as per collective agreements and individual organization, union, guild and workplace policies) including restrictions, suspension or termination of employment and/or membership; or
• Legal action as per applicable laws including human rights legislation.