Apply for Permittee Status
Apply for Permittee Status
Welcome potential applicant! To obtain membership status with NABET 700-M UNIFOR, you must first become a Permittee. Permittees provide invaluable support to the Union during our busiest periods. Permittees are eligible to work on NABET 700-M UNIFOR signatory productions after all available Members have been considered for work opportunities.
Please read the following application process carefully as we do not accept incomplete applications (ie. missing Health and Safety Certificates, departmental requirements, etc).
1. Attend a NABETiquette course and obtain your certificates of completion.
At the end of the course, you will receive two (2) copies of the NABETiquette certificate. You must include one (1) copy in your Permittee application package. Applications submitted without the certificate will not be accepted. At the end of the course, you will receive two (2) copies of the NABETiquette certificate. You must
include one (1) copy in your Permittee application package. Applications submitted without the certificate will not be accepted.
NABETiquette Certificates are valid for two (2) years from the date the course was completed. Certificates submitted with a date of July 9, 2017 or earlier, will be accepted.
For more information about NABETiquette, please click here.
2. You must have a minimum of 40 Days relevant working experience in film or television in the department you plan on applying for.
3. You must attach one (1) copy of your resume in addition to filling out the relevant past employment page in this application form.
4. You must complete BOTH the Worker and Supervisor Health & Safety Modules from the Ministry of Labour and attach a copy of both certificates (Worker & Supervisor) to your application. The Health and Safety Awareness Training Modules links are below:
Worker Training Module
Supervisor Training Module
At the end of the module, you will be able to download a digital certificate of completion to submit with your application.
5. Include any additional requirements for your department as well as a copy of any applicable licenses (Transport/Hair).
Click here to view Applicant Department Criteria.
6. Submit your application to the office via: Email, mail, in-person (we accept applications immediately after NABETiquette).
Your completed application package will be sent to the Department VP / Committee for review. You will be notified via email and post mail once a decision has been made about your application.
If you would like to apply for more than one department, you must submit a new and separate application for each department.
For further inquiries please see our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the office.